Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#18 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

I've signed up for Zoho Writer and I am going to attempt to publish this post directly from it.

I like the idea of web based applications like word processors and spreadsheets. They could definitely have a place in our library service. Our internet computers do not have access to Microsoft Office or disk/usb drives, which in the past has prevented customers from creating and saving word or excel files on these computers. Zoho and google docs would allow them to create and save similar types of documents using these web based applications.

The ability to share documents could be very useful for group assignments next year when I am studying. In the past group assignments have involved a lot of copying and pasting and sending files via email. It could be much easier to create one document that can be shared with and edited by all group members.

I wanted to insert a photo into my document but it was taking ages so I decided to leave that for another day.


No comments: