Friday, November 30, 2007

#20 You too can YouTube

I had a bit of a look around YouTube but I think we have some bandwidth issues as the videos stop and start every few seconds, which makes it a bit frustrating. I had a browse through some of the top rated videos but none really appealed to me. I watched bits of a few tagged with 'library'. I'm not sure how much I'll use YouTube just for fun- you have to spend a while trawling through results to find the good things. One thing I may consult it for in the future is knitting instructions. In my winter knitting phase this year I needed to learn a particular increase and I just couldn't get the hang of it from the various diagrams I found in books and online. I looked at a couple of videos and YouTube and they seem much easier to follow (but still not as good as having someone actually show you what do). I'm going to try and embed one of the ones I watched. I wanted to add written instructions with diagrams for comparison with the video but I couldn't get any of the images from the various sites I found to copy across into the post. There are quite a few examples out there- such as this or this.


No comments: