Wednesday, November 21, 2007

#14 Getting not-so-technical with Technorati

I had a bit of a play/search on the Technorati site a few days ago. I didn't find it very visually appealing but it seemed easy enough to use. I tried a few of the different advanced search options and did get quite different results for each. In the keyword search for all blogs I got 1,155 results when I used the exact phrase "learning 2.0" but 10,280 when I used the "all of the words" and learning 2.0. I got 360 results for the exact phrase "learning" 2.0 when searching tags. A few of the top results in this section appeared to be other Victorian learning 2.0 blogs which was kind of exciting to see. In the blog directory search I got over 800 results. I had a look through some of the popular 100 blogs and found a few of them interesting enough to add as feeds to my bloglines account (how long I will continue to subscribe is another matter). So many of the popular blogs seem to be technology related. I did a few searches for topics of interest to me such as vegetarian cooking and knitting but I didn't find any blogs that I really wanted to subscribe to. However, I noticed that one of the knitting blogs had some you tube videos, which I gave me the idea to check you tube when I am stuck with stitches/techniques in the future. The diagrams in most knitting books and websites leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully a video might be a bit easier to follow.

No comments: