Monday, November 12, 2007

#13 Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

I like del.icio.us and I think I will definitely be using it long after I finish the learning 2.0 program. I had a look at the PMCLCM2 account but I've also set up account for myself. I've added a lot of the sites I've discovered through this program as well as old favourites that I use on a regular basis. I still have to add some that I have bookmarked on my old computer. So far I've found del.icious easy to use. It's great that you can access all your bookmarks from any computer. Also, using tags makes it seem more organised than the simple list of bookmarks saved in my browser. I like the way it links things- for example, by clicking on a tag I can then link to sites other people have saved with the same tag. I think del.icio.us could be useful in an academic context as well. At uni most of the course/subject readers included lists of useful websites. How much better would it be if the lecturer set up a del.icio.us account with all of these links and maybe even comments about their strengths and weaknesses. All students could easily access the relevant sites and possibly find other useful sites by exploring tags etc.

No comments: