Friday, November 30, 2007

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts!

I had a quick look at the three recommended podcast directories. I wanted to find some kind of podcast about or by the author Haruki Murakami and only the yahoo directory returned any results. I had a listen to a couple provided by Naxos Audiobooks. The one for his book the Wind-up Bird Chronicle included a bit of a blurb and review of the book, followed by a bit of the audio book. I like the idea of being able to listen to a bit of an audio book in podcast form before deciding whether to buy it (or more likely borrow it from the library).

When I have more time I'd like to look for some library related podcasts but I really want to finish this learning 2.0 program before I go on holidays tomorrow so that will have to wait. Recently I was looking at the RMIT library website and discovered that they have a range of podcasts about the services they provide. I think we currently have one podcast on our website, the audio from an author event that we hosted. I think there is definitely room for expansion. As well as including other events in podcast form we could have some instructional type podcasts, such as a brief into to our online resources. We could also have a brief podcast about our services, policies and procedures for people who join online to listen to before they sign-up.

I had a look at the ABC website and they have a lot of podcasts available from various radio programs. I also had a look at RRR's website and subscribed (through my bloglines account) to a podcast of one of their Sunday morning programs that I like listening to but often miss because I'm busy or forget about it at the time.

No comments: