Friday, November 30, 2007

#23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...

The Learning 2.0 program has been a great opportunity for me to learn more about and play with a heap of different things, some of which I'd heard of but never actually used before. In the past, my approach to computers was often to only learn new things on a need to know basis but I think this has encouraged me to be a bit more adventurous and explore just for the sake of exploring. I also want to try and keep in touch with new things as they emerge so I've subscribe to a few technology type blogs through bloglines in the hope of keeping up with at least some new things in this rapidly changing area. The only problem is that there is just so much good stuff out there and it is quite time consuming to play around with it and there are so many other things I also want to make more time for such as cooking and reading for starters.

There are just so many possibilities for how we could use various Web 2.0 technologies to make our website and other library services more interactive and user friendly. I think one of the challenges is to keep up with the pace of change and try to embrace these things as they emerge.

I think I will using many of the things I've learned on a regular basis long after this program has finished for work, study and play. I've been using bloglines regularly since signing up. I think I'll also keep using delicious to keep track of my favourite websites. I want to add more books to my librarything library soon. Until I purchase wordprocessing etc programs (because I have to work through the Microsoft stable for a particular uni subject next year) for my new computer I will probably use zoho or google docs if the need arises. I'm sure I'll also use some of the other things too but those are the ones that come to mind immediately.

No comments: