Tuesday, November 27, 2007

#17 Playing around with PBWiki

I added my blog to the favourite blogs part of the Learning 2.0 favourites wiki. I also added a post about my favourite book to that part of the wiki. It was good to actually practice using a wiki. Although it seemed pretty easy to use I must have done something wrong as the hyperlink to my blog still has the square brackets showing (but I noticed I wasn't the only one). It really did seem to be a case of type and click. The favourite books page did seem to demonstrate one of the potential downsides of wikis. It is a jumble of text. There is no consistent formatting for entries. I know we're just playing but I guess it demonstrates what could happen if you let everyone contribute with no moderation of the content (even if that is just tidying up formatting).

No comments: